PHOTOS OF MY EXCHANGE

Please check out some photos of my exchange by copy and pasting this page into your address bar. Enjoy the photos!
http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad197/hanasinspain/

Friday, September 4, 2009

10 Days

Today is my tenth day in Spain. With that in mind, I thought I would make a blog post and give everyone a little check-in.
Everything here is going well for me. I have a lot of friends and everyone seems to know about me, even before I meet them. Although the town I'm living in seems to be big to me, I guess it's not really that different from what I'm used to on the Maine coast, where everyone knows all the major gossip and words spread quick.
Yesterday, I met the most lovely woman! My sister and I went this woman's work, she works in a center that teaches English. She and her husband are also Rotarians. She is going to be my tutor and it was really nice to talk to her. I look forward to more meetings with her in the near future after my first Rotary International orientation in Madrid (on September 11th) I can't wait!
Two days ago, I went to Madrid center with about fifteen friends and we went to a mall. It was really fun. We had a great time, and I got in my quick Starbucks fix... Life is good.
One thing that I was really nervous about at first before I came to Spain was the food, but I love it here! Everything is so delicious! Mom and dad, I am trying new things! Can you believe it?
In so many ways, my life here is completely different from in America, but I am starting to notice things that I think are just universal... For examples, behaviors.
I love my host family! I'm pretty sure they like me, we laugh a lot. I make a lot of speech mistakes, but that is expected. My family is so hospitable and my sister and friends keep me busy with plenty of events to go to.
Hoping all is well with all my family, friends, and readers.
Xoxo, Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment